Wednesday, October 21, 2009

welcome to my blog!

Hi everyone! I've already posted something similar to what is required for this unit, but I have no problem doing so again. This is my 4th term here at Kaplan University. My major is Associates in Health Science for Medical Assisting. I have never had a job in healthcare, but it is something that I've always wanted. Being able to finally achieve that goal is truely a blessing. This is my second writing class here at KU, and I'm looking forward to what this course has to offer. A lot the material seems to be a review of the first college composition class, but review is always a good thing :) I haven't chosen a direct topic yet for my final project, but I'm throwing around what I think are a few good ideas. One of which is something I've experienced myself so I'm debating on which one to really use. I wish all of you the best this course, and I'm looking forward to your helpful thoughts and ideas throughout the term. Happy writing!!

2 comments:

  1. Hollie, I want to wish you the best of luck in this class and in your future employment as a Medical Assistant. Are you planning on going further with your education. Can you give us a hint as to the ideas you are throwing around for your finial project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've pretty much narrowed it down to prescription drug abuse on the rise in america, but I'm not sure yet which demographic I'm going to focus on. I've still got some reading to do with the articles I found. I am a recovered addict (3 1/2 years sober now), and this subject is one that I hear more and more about almost on a daily basis. I think it's important that people be aware of this kind of drug abuse as it can happen to anyone unexpectedly. I'm not sure if I'm going to further my education, but I would like to shoot for a nursing degree sometime after I graduate and start my career.

    ReplyDelete